Union Cup Dublin 2019, Europe’s biggest LGBT+ inclusive rugby tournament. The two-day tournament will be held this June 8-9th, at Dublin’s DCUwith an expected 45 teams from 15 countries to participate. Union Cup Dublin will host a dedicated women’s tournament for the first time, alongside the men’s.
Nigel Owens, MBE, the current world record holder for most test matches refereed, will take time out of his international rugby and referee at tournament.
The host team, Emerald Warriors RFC, is inviting Ireland, along with the rugby community and visiting teams to #TryWithPride and join them for family-friendly festival vibes, as international teams battle it out on the pitch.
Tickets available at
- Facebook page (search for Union Cup Dublin)
100% of proceeds will go to BelongTo
- €10 Adult, €5 Child (under 2 go free),
Why is Union Cup important?
- 17% LGBT+ are members of a sports club or teams
- 55% of LGBT men, 56% women not active enough to maintain good health (compared to 33% / 45% general population)*
- 84% of gay men, 82% gay women reported experiencing homophobic insults while participating in sports*